Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Perfect Oxford Shoes

   For a really long time I searched for oxford shoes that pleased me but all I found was no oxford shoes. At all. At any store. Not even in the US. They just don't seem to want me to have them.

   Well, the other day I was searching Plasticland and found these gorgeous all-I-ever-dreamed-of pair of oxfords. In black and light brown! Since I got some money from Christmas I thought I could import them here to Brazil. :)



   These are the ones. Aren't they marvelous? This is an idea of how to wear them I've put together.

   The sad thing is, I probably won't have them. Plasticland doesn't have them in my number anymore, and that was one problem I solved. I found them very cheap at another site. The thing is, is costs US$28 the shipping, plus 60% of brazilian taxes, plus transport costs in Brazil. And them, the very cheap shoe became the very, VERY expensive shoe.

  I'm telling you, achieving the vintage look here is nearly impossible. Truly vintage items simply do not exist, as it is culture here to throw old things away. And vintage-like stuff is hard to find, and often quite expensive. Every clothing item in Brazil is expensive.

   For example, in my last trip to the US, I bought I bunch of dresses, all cost between 15 and 25 dollars. In the same kind of shop, the same kind of manufacturing, the same kind of dress, here I pay the equivalent to 40 dollars at least. It is not fair. I'm sad.


   I'm going to wait, see if I can find a solution. But I really wish it was simple. I want the shoes, I have money for the shoes, I pay for the transportation, but taxes here drive everyone crazy. They are doing it to me too ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment