Thursday, January 26, 2012

Camila's Culinary Adventures

   So, I never learned how to cook. My mother did try to teach me, but I'm not a good learner from watching, I learn better doing, and she never let me just take over the kitchen. So over the years all I learned how to cook was instant noodles (which I looooove, but you can't live from it).

   These last days I'm trying to cook some stuff. If I get to go to college this year (results come out tomorrow!) I'll have to cook for myself and I'm looking forward to this as great opportunity for me to try doing this my way.

   I've been mostly cooking pasta, because I love it and it's easy. Pretty good results until now. First time I tried to do white sauce I burned everything so I had to throw it away, but second attempt was very successful and very delicious. My seedless and skinless tomato sauce didn't cook much, but was delicious as well. And just yesterday I did some alioli with Jonas and it was very good too. I've been lucky so far.

   But the best thing we did was an omelette. At first things didn't go very well - I'm very clumsy and always find a way to more explode the eggs better than break them. Then it started to go right. We chopped ham in very small pieces and put it in the egg, mixed everything and threw it in the frying pan. Then I remembered there were some potato leftover from dinner (the omelette was a 2 a.m. snack. Hey, it's my vacation) so I chopped it very small as well and put it evenly on top and let it cook. When it was almost done we flipped it over (with the help of a plate. We're not so ninja), waited a bit and put it in the plate.

   Here's our masterpiece:


   Seems pretty yummy, huh? And it was. Just perfect.

   Other nice culinary good I discovered the other day was the cutest koala shaped biscuits filled with chocolate. Jonas and I went to this japanese store here where they sell sushi and other things from Japan and he took them for me to try.


   They are made in Thailand and are SO delicious! You just can't stop eating it. It's a pity it comes so few in the package. It comes about 10. 10 is not enough for my candy satisfaction!


   Aren't they the cutest thing?

   In time, I hope I'll be cooking more elaborate stuff. Who knows one day I am good enough to post some recipes here? That should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment