Thursday, January 5, 2012

What I Don't Like About New Year

   I haven't been very enthusiastic about the whole New Year thing for a few years now.

   To most people, it means a lot. It's like a start. A new chance to do what you weren't able to the last year. You set new goals, and it all seems so hopeful. You will make it. It's a new year, a new chance to make it right.

   Well, I just can't see that. When I was a bit younger, it hit me that it was just, you know... the passing of another day. Just like any other day in my life. Any other ordinary day.

   And all those things you hope to accomplish, the new year won't make them magically happen. It's all up to you. And you don't have to wait until the new year comes. You start the changes anytime you want. At the middle of August. Next week. When you have some time. This very moment.


   I never let the illusion of the new year get me anymore. Maybe I'm just being too rational - and a bore - but I think that sometimes the wait makes it too late. Too me, the new year - not the time in it, but the passing of the old to the new - will bring a few risks on the last number when I write the date in my diary, until I get used to it.

   So, well, I don't think anyone should change your new year's resolutions. But if you decide to change them, or add some, don't wait for 2013. Everyone should re-evaluate their lives every once in a while. More frequently that just in the end of each year.

   Good luck with your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment